Become a Volunteer for our Chapter
The International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) has over 29,000 Members, over 260 Corporate Members and over 116 Chapters, and is the recognized, non-profit association for business analysis professionals around the world. The New York City chapter has over 100 active members, a contact list of almost 2000, and holds at minimum 10 chapter events each year. We are always looking for volunteers to assist with Chapter events and initiatives. Below are a few of the available opportunities.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Letters/professional references
- Networking opportunities
- Work experience
- Leadership experience
- New skills development
- Earn CDUs for IIBA re-certification
PM BA World IIBA NYC Ambassadors
1 to 4 volunteers are needed to promote PM Summit BA World conference being held December 5-8, 2016. Responsibilities include:
- Represent IIBA NYC chapter at the event.
- Coordinate chapter activities around the conference.
- Work with other chapter members to promote the conference.
This position reports to IIBA NYC Chapter President.
Social Media Program Manager
Promote the NYC IIBA Chapter and Chapter activities. Work with event sponsors and speakers on the use of promotion through social media. Attend NYC IIBA Chapter events. Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and other social networks. Responsibilities include:
- Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more.
- Website and social media optimization.
- Keyword analysis.
- Cost/benefit analysis.
This position reports to the VP of Marketing and Communication. Volunteers applying for this opportunity should have an interest in communications and social media, information technology, or business analysis.
Certification Study Group Lead
This position will assist the VP of Education organize and lead the BABOK 3.0 study group. Each study group runs approximately 12 -14 weeks, and is held one night per week. Responsibilities include:
- Engaging already certified members in mentoring members.
- Responsible for regular communication with study group members.
- Assisting in organizing in person study group sessions.
This position reports to VP of Education.
For information on additional volunteer opportunities, please contact email@example.com for more information.